In our last blog, we spoke about the benefits of Water Conservation and how it helps save money, save water and save your business, in times of drought and water restrictions. You can read more about that here.
One of the questions that came from it was; how exactly does our product work? In this blog, we are going to give you a small snapshot of how our eWasha Wash Bay Water Recycling System works.
Our Design is made up of the following;
- Main wash bay drain to S.O.G. Trap
- A Unique Biological Filtration System
- A Final Filter
- Rainwater Storage Tanks for top-up
- A connection to the Municipal Water Source
How the cycle works.
Wash bay water is collected in the main drain and discharged to the sand-oil-grease (SOG) trap.
A submersible pump with a float switch is positioned in the final chamber of the SOG Trap. The chambers are sized to handle the volume of wastewater from the wash bay.
The used water is pumped from the SOG trap into a series of bioreactors, sized according to volumes. Here it is biologically treated. The cleaned water is filtered to the Wash bay for reuse in the High-Pressure Washers
What water do we use?
In our experience, at least 80% of the water used in the wash bay arrives at the S.O.G Trap. The other 20% is lost to evaporation and spillage. That 80% can be reused once it goes through our system. The cleaned water that comes through our system is clear, odourless and meets international standards for recycled wash bay water.
The first additional source would be stored rainwater.
The second source is a connection to the municipal line. However, This is only used when there is no stored rainwater available.
The third source will be the use of an air conditioner or cooling tower condensate if available.
And finally, the last section that you can get water is from our eWasha Water Trucks. We deliver and top up your greywater whenever you need it. At present only available in Cape Town.
That’s how our system operates.
The great news is that you don’t have to worry about all of these things; our experienced team are here to help. If you are interested or would like to know more, you can head over to our contact page or email us and we will get back to you as soon as possible.